1) Where are you from?
I was born in Los Angeles, but my parents are first generation Mexican.
2) What is your favorite hobby outside of the gym?
Singing, I am a member of the First Baptist choir.
3) What is your favorite beverage?
Any tropical fruit drink.
4) What do you hate to see when it comes up in workouts?
5) When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time?
Reading or catching up on a favorite show.
6) How and when did you discover CrossFit?
I discovered CrossFit through my friend/co-worker Jacob Martinez back in March of this year.
7) What changes have you seen in yourself physically and mentally since joining Cannon?
The changes I have experienced have been absolutely incredible. Physically, my body has completely transformed from when I first walked into Cannon. I have lost several inches all over, regained muscle tone and have experienced a tremendous increase in energy. The fantastic coaching staff with their encouragement and positive attitudes has made it easy to push myself to new heights, overcome fears and continue to get better at the different activities. My perspective on what I can physically achieve has totally changed, and I now look forward to challenging myself every time I walk in to CrossFit. It is amazing to feel healthy and strong.
8) What goal have you achieved in the gym that you are most proud of? What future goals are you more excited about pursuing?
I am proud of achieving my fitness goals and realizing that I am stronger than I thought. I am looking forward to continuing to develop both physical and mental strength, as well as mastering the various survival skills we are learning like rope climbing!